Richmond Out-of-State Driver Traffic Ticket Lawyer

Out-of-State Driver Traffic Ticket Lawyer

No matter what state you’re in, getting a traffic citation can be quite a hassle. But getting speeding tickets or citations for other driving violations in another state can be even more stressful since you may have to travel back to the state just to deal with your ticket. However, an experienced local traffic ticket lawyer could handle the matter for you while you remain in your home state.

Virginia has some of the strictest traffic laws in the country, which makes handling the citation on your own particularly challenging, especially if you plan to contest the citation. If you are an out-of-state driver who received a traffic citation while in Richmond, you should consider hiring an attorney with experience handling traffic citations for out-of-state drivers.

Samantha Upton of Upton Law, PLLC, has the experience and resources to help out-of-state drivers fight traffic tickets in Richmond. She is prepared to handle every aspect of your case so that you can move on with your life and avoid having to make a costly return trip to Richmond to contest the ticket.

Samantha charges a flat fee for her services, so you’ll never be surprised by any unexpected legal expenses or fees. If you received a traffic citation in Richmond but live out-of-state, contact Samantha Upton today to discuss your situation during a free consultation.

Why Out-of-State Drivers Need a Richmond Traffic Lawyer

If you got a traffic citation in Richmond but live in a different state, hiring a Richmond attorney is your best bet at getting your case resolved, especially if you want to save time and money. A Richmond traffic lawyer can help you by:

  • Evaluating your case at no cost and explaining the possible penalties you could face if convicted of the charges. We’ll also help you understand how a traffic violation may impact your driving record back home.
  • Reviewing all possible legal defenses that could be used to fight the traffic charges.
  • Negotiating with justice officials in Richmond to get your traffic ticket charges reduced or even dismissed.
  • Helping you avoid the time and expense of traveling back to Richmond by appearing in court on your behalf if you wish to contest a traffic ticket. If you have been charged with a criminal traffic violation, our attorneys can also appear in court on your behalf so that you don’t have to travel to Richmond for initial hearings.
  • Safeguarding your rights and advocating for your interests during legal proceedings.

If you are not from Virginia and face traffic charges in Richmond, let attorney Samantha Upton take that burden off your shoulders by handling your case.

Common Types of Traffic Violations Out-of-State Drivers Face in Richmond, VA

Some of the common types of traffic violations that out-of-state drivers face while in Richmond include:

What Should You Do If You Get a Traffic Ticket in Richmond, VA?

If you are an out-of-state driver who received a traffic citation in Richmond and want to fight the charges, your first step should be to get in touch with an experienced traffic ticket attorney in Richmond. Not only can an attorney fight the charges on your behalf while you get on with your life, but they can also save you time and money. You may not have to return to Richmond to contest your ticket by working with a traffic ticket lawyer.

Will I Need to Return to Richmond for Traffic Court?

If you live outside Virginia and wish to fight a traffic infraction you received in Richmond, an attorney can often appear in court on your behalf, meaning you won’t have to travel back to Virginia to contest the ticket.

However, it depends on the type of ticket. For some types of traffic infractions, you may never have to return to Virginia to resolve the citation. For some types of criminal traffic violations, you might need to appear in court with your attorney, but our attorneys can advise you on whether that is necessary in your specific situation.

Will an Out-of-State Speeding Ticket Affect My Rates in My Home State?

If you receive a speeding ticket in Richmond but live in another state, your insurance rates back home could be affected due to the Driver License Compact. The Driver License Compact is an agreement between states that permits them to share information about traffic violations committed by out-of-state traffic drivers with the driver’s home state.

Don’t be tempted to just pay the ticket, thinking it won’t affect your insurance rates and driving record because you are licensed in a different state.

Sending Information from Virginia to Other States

If you receive a traffic citation in Richmond but reside in a different state, the Driver License Compact would allow Virginia to share that information with your home state. Then, your home state can take appropriate action to deal with the traffic violation.

Your home state can use this information to penalize you for infractions committed in other states, frequently adding points to your driving record. It is worth noting that points are typically only transferred between states if your home state has a similar traffic law to that you violated in Virginia.

Contact Our Experienced Richmond Out-of-State Driver Ticket Attorney Today

If you’re an out-of-state driver who received a traffic citation in Richmond, don’t hesitate to reach out to Upton Law, PLLC, today to discuss your options in a free consultation. Samantha Upton has helped clients from across the country deal with traffic citations in Virginia, saving them the hassle and expense of having to return to Richmond just to resolve a citation or to enter a plea.

Samantha has the skills and experience to fight the charges in your case, using every legal defense available to us to seek a reduction in the charges against you or an outright dismissal. If you’re an out-of-state driver dealing with a Richmond traffic violation, contact us today for a free, no-risk consultation.

Schedule a Free Consultation

Fill out the form below to set up a case review with one of our attorneys at no cost.

Questions? Call us
804-508-7866 request a Callback