Drug Crime Attorney in Virginia
If you are convicted of a drug offense, it may carry major penalties in addition to the long-term consequences of having a criminal record.
If you have been arrested, you need an experienced Virginia drug crime lawyer on your side. Attorney Samantha Upton will help you understand what you are facing and your options. She will work tirelessly to protect your rights and your freedom, fighting for the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact Upton Law, PLLC today for a free, no-obligation case review with Virginia drug crime attorney Samantha Upton. Samantha will give you an honest, straightforward assessment of your case and explain your options for pursuing a favorable outcome.
Why You Need a Virginia Drug Crime Lawyer
The criminal justice system in Virginia can move quickly. When you are arrested for and charged with a drug crime, you need a drug crime attorney who can:
- Review the details of your case to explore potential factual and legal defenses to your charge
- Help you understand the possible and likely outcomes of your case and the potential consequences you may face in the event of a conviction
- Challenge the evidence against you and pursue all available options for getting your charge reduced or dismissed
- Assist you with exploring alternative dispositions for your charge
- Advocate on your behalf in court and at trial
Types of Drug Crime Cases
Examples of drug crimes under Virginia law include:
- Drug possession, including simple possession of drugs intended for personal consumption
- Drug distribution, including selling and trafficking of drugs
- Possession with intent to distribute, including possession of large quantities of drugs or possession of drugs packaged for individual sale, or possession of drugs in conjunction with packaging and distribution equipment (such as baggies and scales)
- Conspiracy to distribute narcotics or working with others to transport and sell drugs
Types of Drugs
Controlled substances that are frequently involved in drug crime cases in Virginia include:
- Prescription drugs, including Oxycodone, Xanax, Vicodin, and Valium